[gradsusr] [non-nasa source] [EXTERNAL] Create scatter plot

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 8 15:41:50 EDT 2019

  1.  Draw a map to set up the scaling environment
  2.  Use a script to loop through each data point and get the lat, long, and value (parse the output when all dims are fixed).
  3.  Use ‘q w2xy’ to get  the x,y location of that lat/lon on the map in your plot
  4.  Use ‘draw mark x y’ to put a mark on your map

E.g.:

ga-> d p
Contouring: 0 to 0.0008 interval 0.0001
ga-> set x 1
LON set to 0 0
ga-> set y 1
LAT set to -90 -90
ga-> d p
Result value = 1.07787e-05
ga-> q w2xy 0 -90
X = 0.5  Y = 1.25
ga-> draw mark 3 0.5 1.25 0.2

You can decide whether to draw the mark or what color it should be based on the data value.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.