[gradsusr] write in netcdf format

M.Mahakur mmahakur at tropmet.res.in
Sat Nov 23 02:25:34 EST 2019

You can set sdfwrite with option -3dz, if your grads is 2.1.a2+
Please see the online doc, I have pasted the relevant lines here..

The -3dz, -3dt,-rt and -re options are available in version 2.1.a2+ .

set sdfwrite <-3dz or -3dt or -4d or -5d> <-rt or -re> <-flt or -dbl> <-nc3 or -nc4> <-chunk> <-zip> fname

where

fname output filename (required)

The following six optional arguments are not enabled by default; each new call to [ http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetsdfwrite.html | set sdfwrite ] will turn them off if they are not included. The default behavior is to write out a variable with the same number of varying dimensions as the defined variable and with no record (unlimited) dimension. -3dt

forces the output data file to have at least 3 coordinate dimensions (lon, lat, and time)
-3dz

forces the output data file to have at least 3 coordinate dimensions (lon, lat, and lev)
-4d

forces the output data file to have at least 4 coordinate dimensions (lon, lat, lev, and time)
-4e

forces the output data file to have at least 4 coordinate dimensions (lon, lat, time, and ens)
-5d

forces the output data file to have 5 coordinate dimensions (lon, lat, lev, time, and ens)
-rt

sets the T axis as the record (unlimited) dimension
-re

sets the E axis as the record (unlimited) dimension