[gradsusr] [EXTERNAL] Re: gradsusr Digest, Vol 117, Issue 11 Creating "Self-describing file" for .nc

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Thu Nov 21 08:06:51 EST 2019

>>>    So I don't really understand the xdfopen option, but at least I can open the file now.

sdfopen == the existing metadata in the file is adequate for GrADS to open it
xdfopen == the existing metadata in the file is incomplete, so user provides what is missing for GrADS to open it
open == user provides all the metadata that is needed for GrADS to open the file

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.