[gradsusr] How to calculate integrated water Vapor transport

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan4space at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 00:28:41 EST 2019

Hello Jeff,

I have used the vint() function from Grads. The pressure is in millibars, q
(sp. humidity) is kg/kg, u is in m/s, v is in m/s.

Please find the attached gs files IVT.gs and vintmoisture.gs

*I have used these functions *

'define um=q*u'
'define vm=q*v'
'define ium=vint(1000,um,300)'
'define ivm=vint(1000,vm,300)'
'set gxout shaded'
'd mag(1.e-2*ium,1.e-2*ivm)' (from moisture.gs file)
'vimf=-hdivg(ium,ivm)

Thanks for your help.

Regards

*Kalyan Chakravarthy Yesoda*