[gradsusr] Creating Script for Total Precip Rain/Snow

Tyler Youschak tyleryouschak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 18:35:58 EST 2019

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a script to total, for instance, the total rain or
snowfall (10:1) throughout a model run of the HRRR. I'm getting my hrrr
files from nomads' ftp.

Within my grads file, I'm doing this:
'define snowacc = sum((APCPsfc*CSNOWsfc),t=1,t='fhour+1')/2.54'
'd snowacc'

However, when I do this, it is only showing the amount of snow that fell
during one hour, and not from the fhour of "0" (or 1).

I'm having the same issue with rain precipitation as well.

If anyone is able to shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler