[gradsusr] Plotting or Masking missing data

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Tue May 21 12:54:16 EDT 2019

What you want to do is change the background color. Use the ‘set display<http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetdisplay.html>’ command. If you want a background color other than black or white, then use ‘set background<http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetbackground.html>’. Please read these doc pages carefully, because these commands behave differently depending on what version of GrADS you are using.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.
NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2
Building 32, Room S159
(301) 614-6070

From: gradsusr <gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org> on behalf of "Brabenec, Paul" <pbrabene at aer.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Subject: [gradsusr] Plotting or Masking missing data

Jeff-

I was wondering how would you define color for missing data = NaN. The missing data plots as white but I want it black and have no idea.

DSET  ^2003070300.dat
OPTIONS  big_endian
TITLE  Gridded Data Sample
UNDEF  -999.0
XDEF  481 LINEAR -88.8 0.08
YDEF  398 LINEAR 11.54 0.08
* Main level of Z is null
ZDEF  1 LINEAR 1 1
TDEF  1 LINEAR 00:00Z3jul2003 1hr
VARS  1
SurfaSfc 0 99 Surface Duct Sonic Layer Depth
ENDVARS

r/

Paul Brabenec

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of the error.