[gradsusr] SET A CONSTANT

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:35:06 EDT 2019

Since this is a 1-thing, 2-thing, everything else situation, three nested
const(mask()) functions should take care of it...I think.

mask 1: const(maskout(dtemp-25),0)
mask 2: const(maskout(22-dtemp),6)

A = const((const(maskout(const(maskout(dtemp-25),0),22-temp),6),-u,2)

...or something similar to that. I'm not sure you actually need the
outermost maskout(). Play around with the individual mask pieces first,
then try nesting a few of them til you get the gist of what you need to do.

Jeff Duda

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 2:13 PM AMS EmsiWx Bytča <emsiwx at pocasie-bytca.sk>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I am going crazy combining const/maskout to get what I need.
>
> I need to set A according the following:
>
> A= 0 when T850-T500 >25
>
> A= 2 when T850-T500 22-25
>
> A= 6 when T850-T500 <22
>

> Would like to ask any master of const/maskout for help.
>

> Thank you very much in advance.
>

> Marian

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO