[gradsusr] Spatial standard deviation

Dr. Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 08:21:24 EDT 2019

Dear Salman
Let me explain with an example:
Suppose you have temperature data and you want to calculate the
spatial standard deviation over a lat-lon box covering 65-100E,5-40N.
The grads script for calculation of spatial standard deviation will be
as follows:

sdfopen temp.nc
tempave=aave(sst,lon=65,lon=100,lat=5,lat=40)
ssd=sqrt(aave(pow(sst-tempave,2),lon=65,lon=100,lat=5,lat=40))
d ssd

which will give the spatial standard deviation over the domain.
I hope this will help you.

Best
Suman

--