[gradsusr] Will grads be in spack?

Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] matthew.thompson at nasa.gov
Tue Jan 8 13:21:28 EST 2019

Wesley,

Spack seems to have 1.25.7 as a Safe Version. Is that sufficient?

Matt

--
Matt Thompson, SSAI, Sr Scientific Programmer/Analyst
NASA GSFC,    Global Modeling and Assimilation Office
Code 610.1,  8800 Greenbelt Rd,  Greenbelt,  MD 20771
Phone: 301-614-6712                 Fax: 301-614-6246
http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/bio/matthew.thompson

From: Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal <wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Cc: "Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC]" <matthew.thompson at nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] Will grads be in spack?

Matt,

The original jasper 1.900.1 libraries from the univ of victoria had problems and
both the redhat and debian updates fixed the problems.  After many years,
the original author started updating jasper and fixing the bugs.  The last
time that I looked (1+ years ago), there was a small API change which would
require a change in g2clib.  So you will have to check which version of jasper
is already in spark.

G2clib requires libpng 1.2.xx.  Not sure 1.5.xx will work.  PNG grib files are
rare but not extinct.  ESRL uses them for processed radar fields.

Wesley Ebisuzaki