[gradsusr] Creating a user defined land ocean mask file

Jayakrishnan P.R prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:18:35 EST 2019

Dear Users,
            In continuation to my earlier mail, I created a mask file
according to my purpose. I herewith attach one such file.

[image: type1grid_above10K.png]

Now I would like to display another variable from another file (say
temperature) only over this red area ?. It is like creating a user
defined land ocean mask as above. Any ideas how to do ?. Any help is
appreciated.
I tried using maskout function without success. The white patches which are
undefined values with -9.999x 10^9 . I even tried changing those undefined
values to -1 or 0 using CDO that also didnt work.
Appreciate your help....
Jayakrishnan

--
Sincerely