[gradsusr] OpenGrADS 2.2.1 for Windows: Available for Testing

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 23 07:26:53 EST 2019

Dear Windows Users,

   Some users have reported an issue with their anti-virus software
complaning that opengrads is "suspicious software." Besides the fact that I
do not sign this app, I cannot think of a reason for this; there is nothing
special being done for this version compared to the previous ones.  My
McAfee anti-virus software and sf.net BitDefender have scanned the
superpack and found no problem whatsoever. The solution is generally to
tell your anti-virus software to create an exception for opengrads. Of
course, do so at your own risk.

  If you have an issue with your anti-virus software on Windows could you
please post it here and share the steps necessary to circumvent it? Please
let us know the name and version of your anti-virus software.

  Thanks,

  Arlindo