[gradsusr] color depth and file size in new gards-version

Maik Thomaß info at wettertopia.de
Thu Feb 21 05:49:13 EST 2019

Hi GrADS users,

since some days I use the new version of open grads for windows. In the
old version (2.0.a7.oga.3) images saved in png-file with 256 colors. In
the new version the images will be saved in truecolor. The filesize is
10 times bigger in the new version. An image with the resolution 700 x
600 pixel has a filesize over 500 kB. I tried to change from png-file to
gif-file, but there is an error:

Follow report: GXPRINT error: unsupported output format

How can I use images in gif-format or in png with 256 color?

Regards Maik

--
Maik Thomaß Meteorologe bei http://www.wettertopia.de

---