[gradsusr] Issue plotting netcdf file in Grads

Saunders, Emily (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] emily.saunders at nasa.gov
Tue Aug 13 09:38:17 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I have encountered an issue plotting a NetCDF file using GrADs. The .nc4 file is a monthly mean calculation for a GEOS-CF collection and I am using the file to plot a line plot of the monthly averages. I have made the plot several times before with no issue using the monthly mean .nc4 file for the other months, but I am having the issue using the July 2019 monthly mean plot. I tried changing the permissions on the file, but that has not worked and it plots July 2019 as a zero value. The script only plots the July 2019 monthly mean value when I open the file in a separate .ctl file. I have attached the both plots as an example. Thanks for your help in advanced.

Emily Saunders, PhD.
Senior Research Scientist
Global Modeling and Assimilation Office/SSAI
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Bldg 33, Room B227-A
Code 610.1, Greenbelt, MD, 20771
Office Phone: +1-301-614-6532