[gradsusr] Plotting WEASDsfc with the GFS Ensemble

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:25:06 EDT 2018

The first thing I would do is check the fundamental data. Plot just
weasdsfc from your data file with no changes to the default plotting
settings (other than perhaps the region and time index) and see if the
field still looks like that. If it doesn't, then, as Stephen indicated, we
will need to see more than just that one line of code to offer any help.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 7:24 AM Stephen McMillan <smcmillan at planalytics.com>
wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> I will try to assist with this at some point today when I have more time.
> Meanwhile, perhaps another user will provide a useful response.
>
> Stephen Mc
>
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:04 AM Perry, Aaron <Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Good Morning Stephen and thank you for the reply.
>>

>> The plotted model is the GFS Ensemble Average from (
>> http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/gefs.20181029/00/pgrb2ap5/).
>> My script is run by a while loop that loops the 6-hour timesteps through
>> 240 hours, accumulating with each timestep.
>>

>> *Aaron Perry*
>> Class of 2016
>> Lyndon State College
>> Lyndonville, VT 05851
>> Twitter: @AaronPerryWx <https://twitter.com/AaronPerryWx>
>> <https://twitter.com/arnpry> <https://twitter.com/AaronPerryWx>
>> Email: Aaron.Perry at lyndonstate.edu

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist

University of Colorado Boulder

Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences

NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO