[gradsusr] Meridional Circularion

Sujata Mandke amin at tropmet.res.in
Mon Oct 8 06:08:06 EDT 2018

Hello Joseph,

  For plotting Hadely circulation,
  vector plot of vwnd and vertical velocity(Omega)
  is required, where vwnd and omega are averaged
  over longitudes (in your case from
  100 to 260). Latitude and z settings remains
  the same as used in your example.

 For your example case, if you open vertical velocity
  data file as third file, then define vertical
  velocity as follows
'define c=ave(omega.3,lon=100, lon=260)'
'd b;c'

If units of omega are different from vwnd,
then you have to convert omega to
same units as vwnd (which is meter/sec)

I hope this is clear.

If you still have problem, then please write.
With best regards
Dr. Sujata Mandke
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
PUNE, INDIA.