[gradsusr] Extracting time specific grib data using wgrib

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Tue May 8 02:50:13 EDT 2018

I don't understand perfectly, but you could:

1) extract data on surface with wgrib ... | wgrib -grib -i
2) append data on pressure levs with wgrib ... | wgrib -append -grib -i

furthermore you can always join different grib datasets:
cat dataset_surface dataset_levels > dataset_all
or
cat dataset_surface >> dataset_levels

pay attention that grads works ONLY with the two datasets are on the
same horizontal grid

Davide