[gradsusr] How to convert *.nc file into grads format (*.ctl and *.grd file)

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:52:49 EDT 2018

There generally is no widely available tool that easily creates a control
file from any arbitrarily formatted netcdf data file.

I wrote a fortran script that will create control files for WRF history
data, but if you have other data, you may just have to write the control
file manually.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:50 AM <tanmays at barc.gov.in> wrote:

> Dear Grads Users,
> Can you please help me/tell me how to convert *.nc (netCDF) file to *.ctl
> and *.grd format.
>  The opposite we all know (*ctl and *.grd to *.nc conversion) but what
> about the conversion to *.grd and *.ctl from *.nc.
> Please help.
> Tanmay Sarkar

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist

University of Colorado Boulder

Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences

NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO