[gradsusr] How to draw string that matches default title settings?

Tracey tdorian10 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:03:39 EDT 2018

Hi Lyndz,

I used "set_parea.gs" to plot two panels in the top of the plot, and one
panel in the bottom center of the plot.

For example, for one panel I have:

* Draw one single title at the top center

'set strsiz 0.22'

'set font 0'

'set annot 1 12'

'draw string '0' '8' Cycle 2018061018 f03 Valid 2018061021 \ 2m Dewpoint
[f]'

* Plot a panel in the upper left corner, row 1, column 1

'set_parea 2 2 1 1 -margin 0.9'

'd ((DPT2m.1-273.15)*(9/5)+32)'

'q gxinfo'

line3=sublin(result,3)

x1=subwrd(line3,4)

x2=subwrd(line3,6)

say '    (x1,x2) = ('x1','x2')'

line4=sublin(result,4)

y1=subwrd(line4,4)

y2=subwrd(line4,6)

say '    (y1,y2) = ('y1','y2')'

'xcbar 'x1' 'x2' 'y1-0.4' 'y1-0.3' -fw .08 -fh .08 -fs 2'

'draw title GFS'

This works to plot a single title at the top, but I would like a title with
the exact same style as the titles for the individual panels.  Also I'm not
quite sure I'm centering the title in the best way.

I've attached a screenshot of what my final plot looks like:

Thanks,

Tracey