[gradsusr] Set cache

Saunders, Emily (GSFC-610.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] emily.saunders at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 30 10:40:34 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to create a curtain plot of Ozone as a function of pressure,
but I am using a rather large data set that include over 700 time steps.
When I try to make the plot I receive the following error message from
GrADs:

*** WARNING! ***
*** The I/O for this variable will be extremely slow
*** because the chunks are too big to fit in the cache
*** chunk size = 95518080 bytes  (1440 * 721 * 23 * 1 * 4 bytes)
*** cache size = 0 bytes
*** There are two ways to control the cache size:
*** add a CACHESIZE entry to the descriptor file
*** or change the cache size scale factor with 'set cachesf'

I would like to know what value I should use for 'set cachesf' in my
GrADs script or how to format the CACHESIZE entry in my descriptor file.
Thank you for your help in advance.

--
Emily Saunders, PhD.
Senior Research Scientist