[gradsusr] Grads latest version instalation on windows

Mark Sponsler msponsler at comcast.net
Sun Jul 8 18:16:42 EDT 2018

Hi Stephen,
Sure enough, you are right!

On the opengrads.org site, if you click the download link on the left, it transfers you to sourceforge.net. On that page there is a green banner that says "Download Latest Version 2.0.2.oga.2-win32_superpack. So that's what I've been using for a while, thinking that was the latest build.

But if one chooses to ignore the banner and instead select the grads2 directory further down the page, there's a whole list of grads versions available.

Now not all the posted versions have a windows build under them, but for version 2.1.a2.oga.1, there is a folder under it for Windows. And in that directory there is a win32_superpack.exe and .zip files.

Glad you posted and forced me to dig deeper. And many thanks to DaSilva and Mike F for keeping the opengrads.org project going!

On July 8, 2018 8:57:35 AM PDT, Stephen McMillan <smcmillan at planalytics.com> wrote:
>I have been using v2.1.a2.oga.1, which I downloaded and installed from
>opengrads.org a couple years ago.  Other than some known issues such as
>with the Cairo fonts, I have had essentially no problems with it.
>
>My platform is Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.
>
>Stephen McMillan
>
>On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> Go to opengrads.org.
>>
>> The latest windows build can be gotten there. Version 2.0 oga2 I
>believe.
>> Works fine on winxp up to win10 pro.
>>
>> I'm hoping someone is working on porting the new 2.1 or higher builds
>> windows but haven't heard if any progress is being made.
>>
>> It's a pure volenteer effort so I'm much appreciative on whatever is
>> available.
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>

>> On July 6, 2018 10:30:03 PM PDT, Sedighe Mehravar
><s.mehravar64 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear GrADS user
>>> I want to install latest version of GrADS on windows platform. Can
>anyone
>>> update me about this issue?
>>>

>> Thanks,
>> Mark Sponsler

>--
>***************************************************The information
>contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the
>recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is
>privileged,
>confidential, and/or proprietary. If you are not the intended
>recipient,
>you may notreview, copy or distribute this message. If you havereceived
>
>this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
>e-mail, and delete the original

Thanks,
Mark Sponsler