[gradsusr] Plot first variable in ctl file when name is unknown

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 17 13:19:34 EST 2018

Brian,

You can always edit the control file so that "var0_0_qqqccc" is replaced by
another
name such as "field1".  You can change the variable name before or after
making the idx file.  (However, you have keep the order of the variables.)

|  alt_g2ctl.pl <http://alt_g2ctl.pl> -sub "A" "B" but I haven't been able
to work

alt_g2ctl.pl is often used for files which have long variable names.
Think aerosols variables like:

  AEMFLXdaerosol=Dust_Drydaerosol_size_<2e+07daerosol_wavelength_<0clm

Unfortunately grads has a 15 (?) character limit for variable names.  The
-sub
option was an attempt to make shorter variable names.  However, people
have been editing the ctl files and I turned off the -sub option.

Wesley