[gradsusr] Random Missing Values Grid Cells Using Cressman Analysis

Perry, Aaron Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
Tue Feb 20 07:41:46 EST 2018

Good Morning All,

I am producing a contoured layer via Cressman interpolation in GrADS.

I'm running into a problem where I'm seeing random grid cells with missing values over areas that really should have contouring. I know that a Cressman interpolation is based upon radial interpolation so, my input values may be off slightly for my station spacing.

GrADS Code:

'define temp = oacres(dummy.1(t=1),temp.2(t=1),12,10,7,4,2,1)'

Image sample:

[cid:74f8c8c3-6cc1-4433-be3b-d33dcbcef40a]

Best regards,

Aaron D. Perry
Class of 2016
Lyndon State College