[gradsusr] Calculating mean/max/min values within the boundaries an imported shapefile.

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:31:55 EST 2018

One solution is to create a maskout file using shape file. Here is a reference webpage: http://www.meteothinker.com/examples/meteoinfomap/grads_maskout.html .

Regards
Yaqiang

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com

http://www.meteothinker.com
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yaqiang_Wang5

From: Kevin Levey
Date: 2018-02-02 03:16
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: [gradsusr] Calculating mean/max/min values within the boundaries an imported shapefile.
THUE 01FEB18: 1115PST

All,

I've been a GRADS user for over 20 years and nothing stumps me more than the maskout functions. I really do go through the user groups and see how people have resolved their issues thanks to the many contributing users (and thanks to you all).

So, here is my problem that I've been at for the last few days.

I need to calculate the mean of any of my defined variables WITHIN the boundaries of a particular shapefile that I have imported (e.g. like a province in Spain).

Anyone be willing to offer a few lines of code. Everything I’ve tried does not seem to give me the answer I should be getting.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kevin M Levey, MSc in Oceans and Atmospheric Sciences (University of Cape Town)
Vice President of Operations
CustomWeather, Inc.
San Francisco, California, USA

"Taking the World by Storm!"