[gradsusr] Plotting difference in GrADs

Saunders, Emily (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] emily.saunders at nasa.gov
Mon Dec 24 17:03:30 EST 2018

Hi gradsusr,

I have a question about plotting a map of the differences of two variables. In my script I am trying to plot the difference for total column CO between two different models. Since the total column CO in both models are in different units I have to convert one of the species from kg/m2 to molecules/cm2. When define the variable to include the conversion the script only plots the original value of the species not the converted value. Thank you for your help in advance.

'xdfopen GEOS_FP_tavg3_2d_chm_Nx.ctl'

'xdfopen GEOS_CF_NRT_tavg1_2d_xgc_Nx.ctl'

'set dfile 1'

'set t 1'

'set z 1'

'set lat -90 90'

'set lon 0 360'

'set mpdset hires'

'set mpdraw off'

'set map 1 1 8'

'set csmooth on'

'set gxout shaded'

'define ops=cocl*(1.6603e-24)'

'define ops=cocl*28'

'define ops=cocl*100000'

'define ops=re(cocl,0.5,0.5)'

'set dfile 2'

'set t 1'

'set z 1'

'set lat -90 90'

'set lon 0 360'

'define cf=re(totcol_co*((1.0e15)/(2.69e16)),0.5,0.5)'

'd ops-cf'

Emily Saunders, PhD.
Senior Research Scientist
Global Modeling and Assimilation Office/SSAI
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Bldg 33, Room H111-B
Code 610.1, Greenbelt, MD, 20771
Office Phone: +1-301-614-6532