[gradsusr] Writing point model output data to a file

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Mon Dec 17 02:22:23 EST 2018

Zilore,

I don't think you need to subset the output by line; each of "set lon",
"set lat", and "d t2" should only result in a single line of output.
Therefore you don't need the extra lines with "... = sublin(result,2)"
in your script.  This is trying to read the second line of output and
you only have one.  This is why you are not getting any output in the file.

The "unknown command" is, I think, a result of not capturing the output
of the write statement.  The following should work.

---------------

'open wrfout_d01_2018-12-02_00.ctl'
************************
'set lon 30.13'
    xlon=subwrd(result,4)
'set lat -1.97'
    xlat=subwrd(result,4)

  rc = write('wrfout_t2.txt', 'Temp at Lon. 'xlon 'Lat. 'xlat)

count = 1
while (count <=3)
    'set t 'count
    'd t2'
    temp=subwrd(result,4)

*Save data to file
    rc = write('wrfout_t2.txt', temp, append)
    count = count + 1
endwhile

rc = close('wrfout_t2.txt')

Jim