[gradsusr] Areal Average over Depth

Joseph Basconcillo jbasconcillo at pagasa.dost.gov.ph
Tue Aug 21 03:20:11 EDT 2018

Good day! I want to create a timeseries data of subsurface ocean temperature from 100-300m using global domain. I suppose the function aave can produce timeseries in one depth level. Using global domain does not make sense but I want to test it first then proceed to regional domain.

Say, if I do..

set x 1
set y 1
set z 10 20
set t 1 last
d tloop(aave(var, global))

Error says the Z cannot vary. So I want to take the average value of Z from 10th-20th depth level. Is there a way to do this in GrADS? I looked at the function vint. How can I used that in my problem? Thank you.

Yours,
Joseph Basconcillo