[gradsusr] COLA's GDS on monsoondata.org will be shutting down

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Thu Apr 19 16:48:36 EDT 2018

Hi, Everyone —
Please be advised that we are making plans to shut down our GDS server, http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/, by the end of the month. If any of your are regularly retrieving real time GFS or METAR data from our server, an alternative data source for GFS is http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/dods/. I don’t know of anyone else who is serving the surface obs via GDS, but the METAR data home at https://www.aviationweather.gov/metar is a good place to start.
—Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University