[gradsusr] Issues opening binary satellite data

Nicholas Thomas Luchetti Nicholas.Luchetti at colorado.edu
Tue Apr 10 15:23:00 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to create a .ctl file to ingest satellite-derived precipitation
from the PERSIANN-CCS product. The data is hourly and in binary format. My
.ctl file appears to somewhat read in the data, but it does not plot
anything.

Here is the link to the data:
ftp://persiann.eng.uci.edu/CHRSdata/PERSIANN-CCS/hrly/

Here is the link to the readme for the files:
ftp://persiann.eng.uci.edu/CHRSdata/PERSIANN-CCS/hrly/readme.hrly

I've attached my .ctl file.... I've played around with the "units field"
option in the VARS line but have had no luck.

Here is the output I get when opening the file:

ga-> open per4km.ctl

Scanning description file:  per4km.ctl

Warning: OPTIONS keyword "template" is used, but the

   DSET entry contains no substitution templates.

Data file rgccs1h13058h%2.bin is open as file 1

LON set to 0 360

LAT set to -59.98 59.98

LEV set to 1 1

Time values set: 2013:5:8:0 2013:5:8:0

E set to 1 1

I don't have much experience with binary format so any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Nick Luchetti

--