[gradsusr] Problems with opendap

Pedro Tildes Gomes prof.rede.pedrotildes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 10:59:14 EDT 2017

Hi grads users:
I'm having a lot of difficulties dealing with opendap and grads.
For example, if I'm using opengrads version 2.0.2.oga.2 I have no problems,
at least with Nomads data server. Although with a more recent version and
can't seem to read anything. I' got the following error message:

ga-> sdfopen http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs2/gfs.2017102712

Scanning self-describing file:
http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs2/gfs.2017102712

Error: nc_open failed to open file
http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs2/gfs.2017102712

NetCDF: I/O failure
gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.

But with version 2.0.2.oga.2 there is no problem:

ga-> sdfopen http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs2/gfs.2017102712

Scanning self-describing file:
http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs2/gfs.2017102712

SDF file http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs2/gfs.2017102712 is open as
file 1

LON set to 0 360

LAT set to -90 90

LEV set to 1000 1000

Time values set: 2017:10:27:12 2017:10:27:12
E set to 1 1

At the same time there are some issues with the HTTPS that I can deal with
this in any version of grads. For example I cant' read any file from
the *thredds
*data server .

I've tried several versions of grads and opengrads and nothing seems to
work. Is there some configuration issues with those more recent version of
grads that I don't know about it?

Thanks

Pedro

--