[gradsusr] Installing Grads from source

Zilore Mumba zmumba at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:26:12 EDT 2017

Jennifer,
Thank you very much for your response. I have been able to install all the
libraries, including cairo, except gadap. I have also installed grads in my
home directory. I used the udpt file given in the example,just changed the
path to reflect the paths to the grads lib where the libraries are.
When I run grads, when I select portrait or landscape it closes with the
error below
[2308][zmumba at ubuntu:~/grads-2.2.0]$ bin/grads

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.2.0
Copyright (C) 1988-2017 by George Mason University
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.2.0 little-endian readline grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
opendap-grids geotiff shapefile
Issue 'q config' and 'q gxconfig' commands for more detailed configuration
information
Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
GX Package Error: dlopen failed to get a handle on gxprint plug-in named
"Cairo"
   $HOME/grads-2.2.0/lib/libgxpCairo.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
GX Package Terminated

I hope you can assist, attached is my udpt file