[gradsusr] Problems with nomads data link for GFS 0.5 degrees

Charles Langton Vanya dolesibeni at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 05:29:31 EDT 2017

Dear all,
I am trying to plot a meteogram using  data pulled from nomads server and I am running into problems.
Can anyone assist me with the working link for this problem. The error is as below:

ga-> run C:\Users\Vanya\Desktop\Meteogram.gs
Enter forecast date (example, 20110717) --> 20171013
Enter forecast hour (example, 00 or 06 or 12 or 18) --> 12
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released;
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
Error: nc_open failed to open file http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/gfs_hd20171013/gfs_hd_12z
NetCDF: DAP server error
gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
No Files Open

Thank you in advance for your assistance
Charles Vanya
Sent from Mail for Windows 10