[gradsusr] How to solve the problem for Julian date for grads.

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Thu Oct 5 08:59:34 EDT 2017

I think the problem is that you have an extra character (a double quote: “) at the end of your filename in your DSET entry. Here is a helpful debugging feature: After you open the descriptor file, invoke the command ‘set misswarn on 1’ (assuming this is file #1) and then try to display some data. If GrADS is unable to find the data file, it will tell you the name of the file it is looking for.

ga-> set misswarn on 1
ga-> d r
Warning: Open error, fn = rgccs1h1618414.bin"
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values

—Jennifer