[gradsusr] Maskout two different fields

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Mon Oct 2 12:14:46 EDT 2017

Hi, Daniel —
Your original expression:

> > > 'define capehel = const(const(maskout(cape,myhel-100),1),0.0,-u)’

has an extra const() in there that changes the valid cape values to 1 before changing the undef values to 0.0. It should be:

  'define capehel = const(maskout(cape,myhel-100),0.0,-u)’

But an even simpler way to do this is to use a logical expression and the if() function:
'define capehel = if(hlcy>=100,cape,0.0)'

—Jennifer