[gradsusr] calculating monsoon onset index OCI

Anubhav Choudhary anubha64_ses at jnu.ac.in
Tue May 30 13:22:31 EDT 2017

Dear GrADS users,
I have to calculate monsoon onset date (based on onset circulation index
OCI,Wang et al. 2009) for my model data.
*OCI monsoon onset for a particular year is defined as the day when 850-hPa
zonal wind averaged over the southern Arabian Sea region exceeds 6.2 m/s
with the provision that for the following consecutive 6 days also OCI
exceeds 6.2 m/s. *
I have a file of 36 years containing daily data of 850hPa zonal wind
averaged over the required region.
Could anyone please tell me how to calculate the onset date for each year.
It is urgent for my work.

Thanks in anticipation,
Anubhav

--