[gradsusr] Brightness Temp. Files

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 23:13:39 EDT 2017

You can check this webpage for displaying pre-projected data: http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html .

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com

http://www.meteothinker.com
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yaqiang_Wang5

From: hersala
Date: 2017-04-01 07:19
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: [gradsusr] Brightness Temp. Files
Hi all,

I am trying to open two datasets of non-COARDS compliant files (images). The datasets share the following properties:

Variable: Brightness Temperature or Tb (in tenths of Kelvin)
Arch.: 2-byte integers in flat binaries arrays, little endian order
Spatial resol.: 25 km x 25 km
Temporal resol.: 1 day

But they have different projection and grid size:
One is:
Proj.: South Polar Stereographic (true at 70 degrees)
Grid size: 316 columns x 332 rows
More info: https://nsidc.org/data/docs/daac/nsidc0001_ssmi_tbs.gd.html

And the other is:
Proj: Azimuthal Equal Area (SSMI/EASE-Grid, NOAA/NASA Pathfinder Program).
Grid size: 721x721
More info:https://nsidc.org/data/docs/daac/nsidc0032_ssmi_ease_tbs.gd.html

I've been searching in the Gradsusr Forum how to open these files but I have not find to much about it.
I am not sure if it possible to work with them using GrADS (?)
Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hernán