[gradsusr] Changing a string to lowercase

Charlie Phillips charliep127 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 22 19:05:56 EDT 2017

Hello grads users,

I am trying to change part of a string to lowercase. Is there was any way to do this in Grads?

Specifically, I am trying to change the month string from the "q time" command to begin with an uppercase letter only instead of having it all uppercase - ex: I want to change MAR to Mar.

Here's a sample piece of code... obviously it's missing the conversion to lowercase.

'q time'

inituppermonth=substr(result, 13, 1)
initlowermonth=substr(result, 14, 2)
'define initmonth='%inituppermonth' '%initlowermonth

Thank you!