[gradsusr] define spanning over multiple expressions

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:44:26 EDT 2017

Ciao, Davide —
>From the doc page on variables:

"An important note: When you specify a dimension in grid units, GrADS always converts it to world coordinates. In general, this conversion is done using the scaling of the default file. The only exception to this rule is when a grid coordinate (x, y, z, t, or e) is supplied within a dimexpr as part of a variable specification. In the case of this special exception, the conversion is done using the scaling for the file that variable is to be taken from (i.e., file number file#)."

So, an expression like
   ‘set dfile 1’
   ‘set e 1'
   ‘d temp.1-temp.2(e=2)’
should work if file #2 is the one with ensembles and file #1 has no E dimension.

Bye Bye ;-)
-Jennifer