[gradsusr] Plotting files starting at different times on a Meteogram

Charlie Phillips charliep127 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 07:55:04 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I am trying to make a Meteogram with the GFS operational. I'm plotting 3-hour steps from hour 0-240 and then 12-hour steps from hour 240-384 from two separate control files.

When I tell grads to plot these scripts, they both start from the left of the time series. While this is good for hour 0-240, I want hour 240-384 to begin at hour 240. Does anybody know how to do this?

Here's the applicable code I am currently running. I've also attached an image of the output I get.

*Plot high-resolution operational
'set dfile 2'
*file t dimension goes from 1-81 in 3-hour intervals, but we need to set t from 1 to 129 so that operational goes to the appropriate length with respect to the previously plotted ensembles
'set t 1 129'
'set gxout line'
'set cmark 0'
'set ccolor 14'
'set cthick 12'
'd (tmp'%LEVEL'mb-273.15)'
'set dfile 3'
*t in 12-hour intervals from hour 240-384
'set t 1 13'
'set gxout line'
'set cmark 0'
'set ccolor 14'