[gradsusr] 99% confidence level

Lyndon Mark Olaguera olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:52:37 EST 2017

Hello,

This website provides an example of doing a statistical significance test
using grads:

https://nelson.wisc.edu/ccr/resources/grads/significance-scripts.php

Read the instructions carefully.

As for the dots in the figure for areas which are statistically
significant. You can do the following:

[1] Mask out areas that are greater than the t statistic that you are using.
[2] Save the masked output as a point shapefile. You can also do this in
grads. Everything is in this website:
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/shapefiles.html
[3] Plot the basemap (the anomaly from your figure) then draw the shapefile.

Hope this helps.
Goodluck!

*Lyndon Mark P. Olaguera*
PhD Student