[gradsusr] Impending shutdown of GDS server nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/dods

Dan Swank - NOAA Affiliate dan.swank at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 12 17:01:01 EST 2017

Source:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/06/08/https-everywhere-government

All .gov's http sites are supported to have switched already, or be going
to https.
It can cause quite some headaches with client connections to services,
   especially with no oppertunity to test client programs.

Not all sites are compliant yet.. but you can expect it may happen anytime.

dan.swank at noaa.gov
Phone: 828-271-4007
Customer Support:  828-271-4800 or http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/contact

The newly formed NCEI merges the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), the
National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC), and the National Oceanographic
Data Center (NODC).

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NOAANationalClimaticDataCenter Twitter:
@NOAANCDC @NOAAOceanData

I am not a Federal Employee.
Any opinions expressed in this message are mine personally and
do not represent official positions from STG Inc, ERT, NCEI, or NOAA