[gradsusr] query regarding scorr function in grads

Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 10:24:38 EST 2017

Hi all
As we all know that use of scorr function calculates the spatial
correlation between two variables over an X-Y domain. I am using this
function in a different ways:
in place of two variable, I am using 1) model and 2) observation for any
particular variable then it will compute the spatial correlation over an
X-Y domain. My question is:
1) whether my method is correct?
2) how to interpret this correlation? I mean what I can say from this
correlation value?
Any kind of help will be useful.

Thanks and Regards
'S Maity'

Research Scholar
Center for Ocean, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences(CORAL)
Indian Institute Of Technology Kharagpur.