[gradsusr] Templating GFS analyses

Ryglicki, Dr. David david.ryglicki at nrlmry.navy.mil
Tue Dec 19 16:59:50 EST 2017

Hey, GrADS'ers.

Simple question about g2ctl and templating over GFS analyses. I'm pulling data from NCEP's HAS system, and when I get the data, it looks something like this:

gfs_4_20120730_0000_000.grb2
gfs_4_20120730_0600_000.grb2

When I try templating with: "g2ctl -0 gfs_4_2012%m2%d2_%h200_00.grb2", I get the error: 'Argument "0730_00" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /path/to/g2ctl line 267.'

I can get around this pretty easily with some awk, but I was wondering... am I doing something wrong here, or is this just how it is?

Thanks.

~Dave