[gradsusr] text strings with accented vowels

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Tue Aug 29 11:28:50 EDT 2017

Hi, Julio —
I certainly do appreciate your diligence. The hershey fonts won’t support the diacritical marks you are asking for, and it seems that GrADS’s use of the Cairo text API won’t either. Please see https://developer.gnome.org/cairo/stable/cairo-text.html#cairo-text.description. Your idea to edit the .ps or .eps files may work, or you could draw the marks separately, like this:

draw string 5 5 n
draw string 5 5.55 ~
[cid:EC533688-7255-49FA-A10B-505AB278F880]

draw string 5 5 e
set string 1 c 1 270
draw string 4.7 5.4 `
[cid:525A23CF-2EF8-4F8C-ABD4-922BDE5AB883]

—Jennifer