[gradsusr] extracting problem

Kishore Ragi kishoreragi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:37:39 EDT 2017

Technically, there is no difference between cdo and grads to extract.
Output should be same!

However, you can get separated files for each year with grads. You only
have to select x and y for each year that you want.

Then you can combine the separated years using cdo as the following

cdo mergetime file1.nc file2.nc file3.nc all.nc

But, I prefer using cdo command.

cdo selyear,2002,2004,2007 2000-2013.nc 200220042007.nc

hope this helps!

Regards,
Kishore

*PhD student in climate science,*

*National Institute of Technology, Rourkela,*

*India- 769008*

*Phone: +91-8908671881http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kishore_Ragi
<http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kishore_Ragi>https://in.linkedin.com/in/kishoreragi
<https://in.linkedin.com/in/kishoreragi>*