[gradsusr] text strings with accented vowels

Ricardo Hallak ricardo.hallak at iag.usp.br
Fri Aug 25 17:08:21 EDT 2017

Hi, Julio.

We have already discussed this subject before. There are no easy way to do this.
If you intend to use these letters and characters in a opperational mode, i t is necessary to create a new font file to draw such set of characters as the example you sent below. In this case, as I know, it will be necessary to use an specific formatation of font file, using the C language, etc, but I dont now how to do it, and I'm sorry for that.

On the other hand, when I nedded to write things like "ã", "ó", I used to use "draw string x y ~" in an appropriate location (x,y) of the display or figure. However, it was a work for a specific non opperational product, that is, a non automatic procedure. I tried to write a new gs code, but it was an unsuccessful and cumbersome task.

If someone else has other ideas about that, please, let us know.

Thanks,

Ricardo