[gradsusr] How to output contour to a txt/dat file

Mike Fiorino - NOAA Federal michael.fiorino at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 15 15:41:27 EDT 2016

hi Jennifer -- I have a similar problem...  I can generate and display the shp file and the 'q shp' works as advertised, but what I really need are
the actually lat(Y)/lon(X) of the vertices not just the bounds, e.g.,

37:  ArcM  parts=1  vertices=553  XBounds=0:360 YBounds=41.4058:74.4189  ZBounds=0:0  MBounds=5700:5700

tells me there are 553 vertices and that the lon bound is 0-360 and lat bound is 41.4-74.4.  do I have to use some GIS s/w to get the lat/lons? or is
there a way to mod grads to output?

thanks!  best /R Mike