[gradsusr] tcorr (correlation calculation and plotting)

Sourabh Bal sourabhbal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:02:36 EDT 2016

Dear Grads users,

I wanted to find the spatial correlation between precipitation in the
region (70-110E and 5-30N) and sea-surface temperature in each grid points.
Initially I have remapped the grid dimension same  for each input data
files using CDO. Please can anyone suggest where I am going wrong!

Here is my script

sdfopen precip.remap
sdfopen sst.remap
set t 1 35
ismr=aave(precip.1,lon=70,lon=110,lat=5,lat=30)
set lon 0 360
set lat -90 90
set t 1
set z 1
d tcorr(ismr,sst.2,t=1,t=35)

I am getting the following error

TCORR:  dim = 3, start = 1, end = 35
Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
  World coordinates convert to non-integer  grid coordinates
    Variable = sst.2  Dimension = 3
Error from TCORR:  Error getting grids
Operation Error:  Error from tcorr function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = tcorr(ismr,sst.2,t=1,t=35)

description file 1
File 1 : GPCP Version 2.2 Combined Precipitation Dataset (Final)
  Descriptor: precip.remap
  Binary: precip.remap
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 128  Ysize = 64  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 35  Esize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
     precip  0  t,y,x  Average Monthly Rate of Precipitation
description of file 2

File 2 : Kaplan Extended SST V2
  Descriptor: sst.remap
  Binary: sst.remap
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 128  Ysize = 64  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 35  Esize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
     sst  0  t,y,x  Monthly Anomalies of SST

with best regards

Sourabh

Dr. Sourabh Bal
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics
Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology
Kolkata 700145