[gradsusr] How to highlight multiple model domains in one figure

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Fri Oct 21 09:45:56 EDT 2016

Hi, Mano —
If you want to fill the area of the grid domain with a color of your choice, then you can do this:
‘set rgb 20 100 100 100 100’  ;* a transparent grey
‘set ccolor 20’
‘d const(var,0)’

If you want to draw an outline, then here is an algorithm to try:
1. Draw a blank plot covering the largest domain to set up the scaling environment
2. Construct a ‘draw line’ command by looping over the grid coordinates at the boundaries (e.g. x=1,y=1:YDEF, y=1,x=1:XDEF, etc.) and using the 'q this2that’ commands (either 'q gr2xy’ or ‘q w2xy’) to get the location in X,Y space of each grid point.

cmd=‘draw line ‘
loop over edges
   cmd=cmd%xpos’ ‘ypos’ '
endloop