[gradsusr] Lag Correlation

Geraldo Deniro geraldodeniro at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 15 14:37:53 EDT 2016

Hi,

I would like to calculate a lead-lag correlation between time series of ENSO index of january and precipitation anomaly of february. I calculated a correlation when the time is in phase (January with January, ..., December with december) but not when it's lagged. Is there somebody who have any idea to solve it?

I don't know if helps but here it is my control file: ENSO Index (January) and Precipitation Anomaly (February)

dset ^enso_01_1981-2010.dat
undef 9.999E+20
options big_endian sequential
title enso
xdef 1 linear 1 1
ydef 1 linear 1 1
zdef 1 linear 1 1
tdef 30 linear 00Z01Jan1981 1yr
vars 1
anom 0 0 Enso Index - January
ENDVARS

dset ^aprp_02_1981-2010.dat
title ersst
undef -999.
options sequential big_endian
xdef 112 linear 275.0  0.5
ydef  58 linear -18.0  0.5
zdef   1 linear  1 1
tdef  30 linear 00Z01Feb1981 1yr
vars   1
apr  0 99  Precip. Anomaly - February (mm)
endvars

Geraldo D. Gomes
Graduando em Ciências Atmosféricas/Meteorologia
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Instituto de Geociências
Centro de Ciências Matemáticas e da Natureza
Tel: +55 21 998102971  E-mail: geraldodeniro at ufrj.br
Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4747260992660312