[gradsusr] Problems with grads-2.1.0-bin-CentOS5.11-x86_64.tar.gz binaries

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Wed Nov 23 15:25:20 EST 2016

It is a bug in the X11 server, not in GrADS. Your graphic will look normal if you draw it in batch mode and use gxprint.

These are the old tickets that resolved the issue right before GrADS 2.1 was released:
   https://github.com/XQuartz/xquartz-old-tickets/blob/master/ticket/525.md
   https://github.com/XQuartz/xquartz-old-tickets/blob/master/ticket/768.md

But it seems that for some users it is still a problem, especially if you are using linux as your desktop OS. I have heard it is also a problem with RedHat7, but I can’t reproduce this bug on any of the systems to which I have access, so there is not much I can do. Graphics render perfectly for me using XQuartz on Apple OSX and/or ssh’ing to Redhat/CentOS 5 and 6.

—Jennifer